INVESTMENT WRITER & EDITORIAL MANAGER
FOR SALES AND MARKETING BUSINESSBusiness Description:
Havener provides outsourced sales and marketing services to high quality investment management firms seeking to expand their assets under management within the institutional marketing arena, including intermediaries, RIAs, consultants, platforms, wealth advisors and family offices.
You are a passionate writer, editor and strategic thinker who will help lead content development efforts. You can capture the voice and vibe of others. You’ve never met a topic you didn’t like, and you can distill the complex into simple, relatable anecdotes. Storytelling? You feel it’s a dying art. Commas? You love them. Your content is compelling; it persuades, educates, and engages target audiences. You are our Investment Writer & Editorial Manager, reporting to the Director of Marketing & Strategy, and you use words like Katniss used arrows - to hit your mark.
On any given day, you might be dominating one (or more) of the follow responsibilities:
- Leading a team of content writers to create regular content to be marketed via all inbound channels
- Editing content produced by your teammates, including conceptualizing the projects upfront and copy-editing prior to publishing
- Creating original content such as blogs, infographics, case studies, articles, white papers, video scripts, and surveys to support our awareness, thought-leadership, and lead generation efforts and our overall business objectives
- Managing the end-to-end content development process from ideation and research to copywriting, editing, and revisions to quality assurance and final production
- Collaborating closely with marketing to create original content, repurpose existing content, and provide miscellaneous copywriting, editing, and proofreading on other content as needed
- Assessing and editing existing content as necessary for brand and message consistency and clarity and offer informed recommendations on how to improve it so that it resonates with clients
- In conjunction with operations, developing, maintaining, and managing an editorial calendar that will be a single source of truth on content assets being built, their timing for distribution, and the channels in which they will appear
The ideal candidate has investment research and/or writing experience in financial services. Desired qualifications/characteristics include:
- 5+ years of experience as an investment analyst or journalist in financial services with a passion and strong understanding of the industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Marketing, English, Communications or Finance related field
- Advanced investment certification desired (CFA, CIMA, CAIA, etc.)
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business’ various types of content
- Talented storyteller that knows how to mine for great stories
- Knack for translating complex topics into compelling, digestible stories
- Uncanny ability to connect the dots across multiple initiatives
- Strong attention to detail; so much so that you'll include #wearehcp in the last line of your resume when you apply
- Superb organizational, project, and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Strong spirit of collaboration and proven ability to work across business lines
- Thoughtful in delivering feedback and graceful in receiving it
- Passion for creating excellent deliverables
- Highly self-motivated, results-driven, and can-do attitude
- Office headquarters are in Newport, RI; working remotely may be feasible based on candidate experience and tenure
Writing Samples Requested: In addition to a resume, we would like to see three writing samples that reflect your ability to meet the requirements of this role as noted above.
Please send a copy of your resume to email@example.com, and we will contact you if there is a fit.
Havener Capital Partners is an equal opportunity employer.