Havener provides outsourced sales and marketing services to high quality investment management firms seeking to expand their assets under management within the institutional marketing arena, including intermediaries, RIAs, consultants, platforms, wealth advisors and family offices.
You don’t knock the hustle. You have a way with words – both verbal and written. You are a master of putting yourself in the shoes of others. Solving problems, simplifying complexities, leaping obstacles – you do all of these in a single stylish bound. Everyone says you are a great listener. With an intellectually curious mind, you are just as likely to be reading a book as chatting with friends. Your heart is gold and you always root for the underdog, because at your core, you have a passion for competition and a desire to win. Not only are you smart, you are gritty. You are our Sales Director and under the guidance of the President of Sales, you make it rain.
On any given day, you might be dominating one (or more) of the follow responsibilities:
- Proactively contacting prospects in your territory/channel via phone and email to determine active searches and present an overview of represented managers, strategies, and products
- Using proprietary sales process to close opportunities in order to achieve sales targets and firm goals
- Conducting prospect meetings with and without managers via specific planned trips and at conferences/events
- Increase prospect participation in quarterly conference calls
- Maintaining CRM system to capture detailed notes and "intelligence" on prospects and status of opportunities
- Effectively articulating each investment manager’s philosophy, strategy, process, and competitive advantages as well as performance and relevant MPT statistics
- Doing something thoughtful for someone else. Just because.
The ideal candidate is a senior professional with strong product knowledge who has either gained sales or investment analytics experience at an institutional money management firm, RIA, or other financial institution. Desired qualifications/characteristics include:
- Knowledge and experience with both traditional and alternative investment strategies, as well as various investment vehicles including LPs, separate accounts, and mutual funds
- Minimum of 7 years of successful experience in investment sales or investment analysis
- Highly motivated, proactive, entrepreneurial team player with diligent phone and follow-up skills
- Must be able to cite examples of existing relationships in the intermediary channel as well as examples of self-motivation and experience working independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail; so much so that you'll include #wearehcp in the last line of your resume when you apply
- Travel approximately 30 - 50% of the time'
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Strong technology skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook as well as CRM Systems such as Salesforce.com and other related programs
- FINRA Series 6, 7, and 63 licenses and CIMA, CFA or other investment designation preferred
- Office location in Newport, RI; working remotely may be feasible based on candidate experience and tenure